Back pain is the most common discomfort in adults under 45. Back pain stopped their activities completely and hindered their professional development. Researchers say figuring out the real cause of back pain is indeed challenging for doctors.
This is a quick understanding of the anatomy of the human back. Our body depends on the structural stability and mobility of the spine. We use the spine to twist, bend, and bend. The spine is composed of 24 vertebrae, 7 cervical vertebrae (cervical vertebrae), 12 thoracic vertebrae (thoracic vertebrae) and 5 lower back (lumbar vertebrae). The righteous bone is located directly under the lumbar spine and consists of 5 fused vertebrae. The coccyx, or coccyx, with 3 to 5 fused vertebrae, is located just below the bone. These vertebrae are placed one at a time from the skull to the pelvis. Spongy intervertebral discs are located between the intervertebral discs. The spine is tightly wrapped by muscles and ligaments.
The spinal cord is enclosed in the spinal canal, which is formed by aligning the vertebrae.
The anatomy of Acharya sushruta spine is described below.
Prushte trimshat – the number of bones in the back is 30 (cervix-7, thoracic cavity-12, lumbar vertebra-5, vertebra fused into the ac bone-5, coccyx-1). When describing the spinal joints, it is called “Chaturvimshatihi prishta vamshe”. This means that there are 24 joints in the spine.
Maamsaanyatra nibaddhani siraabhihi snaayubhistatha.
Asthinyaalambanam Kritwaa ||
Ligaments and tendons keep bones and muscles together.
Causes of back pain
The bones and thighs are mainly occupied by Vata. Vata controls and directs the movement of the human body. Back pain occurs when the vata in the area is aggravated by unwise physical activity (Karma Yoga), excessive physical activity (Karma Yoga), or less physical activity (Karma Yoga).
1. Back pain is usually caused by muscle spasms that support our spine. When we lift things unwisely, bend too much, or sit in inappropriate chairs, the muscles that support the spine spasm.
In Ayurveda this type of movement is called “Karma or Messianic Yoga of Action”.
2. Sneezing, climbing into the car, or bending over to pick up the newspaper can cause back pain.
3. Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, viral infections, bladder or kidney infections, gynecological problems in women, tumors and trauma can also cause back pain.
4. When we sit or stand for a long time, a lack of movement or a bad attitude of karma can affect us. On the other hand, Ati Yoga with repetitive exercises or karma (such as excessive bending, lifting or twisting) can also affect our back.
5. Other possible causes of back pain are:
o Wear high heels
o Transporting heavy objects
The glassy vata can cause joint stiffness and pain and limit back movement.
Solutions for low back pain
1. Stay calm.
2. In most cases, full bed rest for 24-48 hours can relieve back pain. Walk a little every few hours to maintain blood flow and muscle tone.
3. Using vata balancing oil (such as kerhirabara oil) on the affected area and Naadi sweda (a mild steam bath on the affected area) can quickly relieve pain.
See a doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
1. If you are over 50 years old and have sudden severe pain or local spinal pain.
2. Pain caused by a recent fall or trauma.
3. Pain in the buttocks and legs.
4. Back pain has nothing to do with posture.
5. Problems with bowel or bladder control.
6. Numbness in the groin or rectal area.
7. The legs are extremely weak.
8. Unstable when walking
9. Fever or weight loss is accompanied by pain.
10. Even after a rest, the pain will not be relieved over time
Prevent low back pain
1. Keep the muscles in good shape by improving the sitting, standing and stretched posture. Muscles in good condition are less likely to injure.
2. Do not bend or bend over to pick up objects.
Instead, by bending the knees, the body is lowered to the level of the subject. Grab the object so that it is close to your body and lift your legs while keeping your back straight.
3. Do not lift very heavy objects.
4. Support yourself as much as possible.
5. Lean against a wall or pillar while waiting for the bus or standing in line by the bank.
6. Put footstools in the house. In addition, use one foot to support the stool when doing standing chores.
7. Sleep on a firm mattress and find a comfortable position.
8. Wear low-heeled shoes.
9. Standing upright works wonders for your back
to back. Take break in between and move around.
15. Avoid becoming overweight. Overweight increases the risk of back pain.
Tips for software professionals to avoid back pain:
1. Select a correct chair, with a relatively straight back and good lower back support. If the chair doesn’t offer lower back support, keep a rolled up towel or cushion to support the back.
2. Correctly position the chair, keyboard, and monitor. Feet should be on the floor, with knees at hip level; forearms should form a right angle with upper arms; and the computer terminal should be at eye level.
3. Adopt a relaxed, upright working posture and allow the chair to support.
4. Avoid slouching forward or leaning back too far.
5. When you are at work stand up, walk around, stretch forward, backward, and side to side once in 30 minutes.
6. Increased stress and strain enhances the chances of back pain. Hence remember to relax! Yoga and meditation are best techniques to relax
Eat healthy food which is rich in fiber. Avoid sweets, oil, soft drinks and overeating to reduce the chances of weight gain.
8. Sex should be avoided during acute stage of back pain as it exaggerates the condition.
Ayurvedic Home remedy for backache
o Nirgundi leaves (hindi – samhaalu) (Bot- Vitex negundo) (Eng – Five leaved chaste)
o Karanja leaves (hindi – Ditauri) (Bot – Pongamia pinnata) (Eng – Indian beech)
Collect fresh leaves of Nirgundi and Karanja. Tie them in a thin cotton cloth to form a big ball. Boil this leaves’ ball in water and when it is tolerably hot apply this on affected part. When the leaves become cold reheat them by putting the leaves’ ball in boiling water. After half an hour take out the leaves from ball, grind them to a paste and bind it on affected area.